Canon for Parish Life
Located in the heart of downtown Jackson, MS, St. Andrew’s Episcopal Cathedral is here to empower people to serve Christ in the world, to find beauty in worship and music, and to transform hearts for God. Being in the city means we strive to welcome all our neighbors including those from the surrounding businesses, political offices, and those living on the streets. Our parishioners occupy a variety of zip codes but all have a heart for the city and our Cathedral community.
The Canon for Parish Life is one of three priests on staff with one vocational deacon, in addition to six other full time staff members. Our ministry team values creativity and self-initiative. We have a collaborative work style. This position has primary responsibility to supervise lay staff for children and youth programing as well as the Parish Life Director. This person will also participate regularly in liturgy planning, preaching, teaching and small group ministry.
- Ordination to the priesthood
- A spiritual maturity as evidenced by demonstrating integrity, willingness to learn, discipline of prayer and worship, seen by others as trustworthy and authentic
- An enthusiastic desire to engage with and learn from young people and their families
- Ability to recruit and train volunteer leaders
- Ability to supervise and empower staff within your supervisory role
- Ability to manage time, complete assignments, initiate new and creative ministries for building community at the Cathedral across all ages
- Preach, teach, participate in the life of the Cathedral parish
- Supervise up to 2 staff members and 3-4 interns
- Collaborate with all staff to create and maintain ministry for our parish family
- Ensure all staff and volunteers adhere to Safe Church policies
- Work with staff to provide an annual budget for parish life as well as children and youth ministries
- Build and maintain relationship with families in the parish to engage them in programming as well as worship
Compensation commensurate with experience
Please send cover letter and resume to the Very Reverend Anne M. Maxwell firstname.lastname@example.org.
Slater Fellow for Church Music
St. Andrew's Episcopal Cathedral is seeking the next Slater Fellow in Church Music. The Slater Fellowship, named for the first cathedral organist and choirmaster Frank Slater, is designed to provide hands-on experience to an individual who has an interest in pursuing church music ministry as а vocation and is eager to gain experience in choral conducting, service playing, children's music, or some combination thereof. The ideal candidate is an undergraduate student pursuing а major in music who has completed at least the sophomore year, or а recently graduated music major who is in the first year or two of their career. The specific duties will Ье tailored to the successful candidate's interests and skill, but will include а combination of choral conducting, service playing (organ and/or piano), children's music, liturgical planning, administration, and other duties as assigned. The position will not exceed 10 hours per week.
This position will Ье а one academic year appointment, September 2022 - Мау 2023, and carries а $6000 stipend. The successful candidate must pass а background check and complete Safeguarding God's Children training per the requirements of the Episcopal Diocese of Mississippi.
Please contact Jessica Nelson (email@example.com) for more information.
St. Andrew's Episcopal Cathedral is seeking staff singers for the 2022-2023 academic year. These paid positions require availability оп most Wednesday nights and Sunday mornings September-May. The ideal candidate is а confident singer, capable sight-reader, and has previous choral experience.
Please contact Jessica Nelson via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information